For my research, I’ve set up a separate blog. Sometimes blogposts will appear both at www.theappealoftheunreal.com and at www.deephistoriesfragilememories.com.
The research blog is made for several reasons: the posts collect all that has to do with the research, it functions as a reminder, and as a way to communicate progress and findings. Please keep in mind this blog is a work in progress.
RSS Feed from theappealoftheunreal.com
- NFTs: an adventuresque experimenza into the Unreal world of crypto-art.
- To diorama or not to diorama? The representation of nature at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels.A review of the ‘Living Planet‘ hall, at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels, visited in January 2021. In September 2020, The Museum of Natural Sciences announced a new permanent exhibition called ‘Living Planet’. This addition even made the news. The museum is very proud of it. Unfortunately, all I saw was a terribly […]
- Meet my PhD team: Wendy Morris (promotor), Jan Verpooten (co-promotor), Theun Karelse (advisor), and Agnieszka Gratza (advisor).
- The Compositor: reading the tunnels by turning them into a font.
- Attempting to make artistic additions to the internet and consumer technology: the emoji.In June 2020, I submitted two proposals for emoji, to be added to the expanding digital pictogram vocabulary.
- Preface What are GIF animations and stickers? What is GIPHY? What is an Instagram Story? Why are GIFs used? An overview. GIF animations & Stickers GIF is the abbreviation for Graphic Interface Format, using the extension .gif. An animated GIF is, simply put, a digital file that loads images into a stack, and is able […]
- HD, colour/sound, 20’20”, 2020 Wednesday, April 29, 2020 anno covidii, I was supposed to give a talk over lunch at the end of my two months involvement with Residency Unlimited in Brooklyn, New York. This, of course, took place in another universe.
- March, 9, 2020. First visit to the American Museum of Natural History. We’re about 6 weeks into the Covid-19 corona virus frenzy, which became global right before I traveled to the U.S. as part of my residency at Residency Unlimited in Brooklyn, New York. Prior to my trip, I had a normal case of a […]
- The Solastalgia project now has its own subsite: www.solastalgia.theappealoftheunreal.com.
- A shift in research focus from visual illusions to something more relevant. Meet Solastalgia. More on this soon.